Thursday, 16 July 2015

Top Ten Make-Up Products

Another beauty post here! As well as looking at my favourite beauty products I also wanted to share my favourite make-up. So here are my top ten favourite make-up products that I use mostly day to day and absolutely love! I'll review and link each product again in case you're wanting to buy anything yourselves.




The first product I defiantly wanted to share was my new 'Mac Pro Longwear Foundation.' This isn't the first Mac foundation that I have brought but I have found that it offers my favourite coverage! Mac make up can be very thick depending on what you buy, although this foundation gives medium to full coverage without looking heavy on your skin. It also gives you a summery glow which slightly stays after applying powder giving you that natural look. It is pricey compared to drug store foundations although it lasts me absolutely months as on some days I wear BB cream instead so I would say it is defiantly worth the money. 


Concealer is my go to product no matter where I am going, I just think it instantly corrects your face and can just be paired with some mascara and lip gloss for a day in with friends. This is the 'Maybelline Dream Touch Lumi Concealer' in the shade Ivory. One thing that does annoy me about drug store make-up is the packaging fading like this one has, it does make it look really cheap and I always end up forgetting what I've brought, ha! Although, aside from that this concealer is especially amazing for under eyes! It gives really good coverage and isn't blowing the budget! I wouldn't say that it could cover any spot although for small spots and scars, it's perfect! It does need powder as it can crease on eyelids but nothing major! 


I literally wanted this 'Ben Nye Banana Powder' for so long before eventually ordering it as I'd seen it on loads of video's and reviews! I think it provides amazing coverage for a powder and it really isn't expensive! Also, because it isn't coloured I can use it whether I'm pale or tanned which is perfect as it lasts from season to season. As soon as you apply it you can really see the difference in your skin and all the shine has gone. I do re-apply throughout the day although I get very oily skin so if you have dry skin I don't think you would need to! This product is difficult to get in the UK but I have linked the site where I brought it from.  


So to apply all of the products above I use this 'Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge.' I do have other brushes that I use as well although to finish it off and really blend in my make-up I use this! I spray it with water and then dab over my make-up and blend to get rid of any streaks and to create a natural base. I love this sponge so much and my make-up looks flawless after using it! Also, it isn't expensive! 



To contour I use a few different products, especially to create more defined cheekbones! This Mac 'bronzer' and 'highlighter' are perfect for adding a natural colour and highlight to your face. I do have other contour products that I will sometimes add to these although for a natural summery make-up look these are perfect!
The bronzer doesn't sparkle meaning you can apply anywhere where it is needed and the highlighter is very subtle so it can be applied on the nose and forehead. 


Moving onto eyes, I love love love liquid eye liner! I never swap from this 'LOreal Super Liner' as the brush makes it so easy to apply and flick. I get it in black and it stays perfect all day! The only problem I would say is to apply it after eye shadow as it can be easily rubbed of by brushes.


I got this 'Full Exposure' Mascara in a set along with an eye shadow palette. I have always used Max Factor mascara and will continue to do so as this is a little too pricey for what I would usually pay. Although, if you can afford it, I would defiantly recommend this product! My lashes really stand out and look super long without any clumps or sticking together.


I never actually used to colour in my eyebrows and now I don't know how I coped without the 'Soap and Glory archery pencil.' I lightly colour in any gaps and shape the arch, then I brush using the other side of the pencil to blend in so they don't look painted on. My eyebrows literally don't move all day and my make-up looks so much more finished after using this! 


Last but defiantly not least is the 'Mac Cremesheen Glass Lip gloss.' For a casual day look I don't think anyone can go wrong with a nude lip gloss. I have a few of these from Mac as I got them in a set as a Christmas present and I love them so much! This one is more of a peachy nude, paired with casual eye shadow and bronzed skin! Love! 

So they're my top ten make-up products and reviews. I hope you've enjoyed both of my review posts, please comment if you have used any of these and let me know what you think! 
Annie
 X