Monday, 10 October 2016

Trends from Fashion Month

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

After all of the fashion shows over the last month, it has inspired me to write a blog post on all of the trends that are coming in and the ones that are staying for S/S 2017 and even for A/W 2016 that is obviously already here. The weather is definitely getting colder so it is time to starting filling wardrobes with jumpers, gilets and winter coats, this is my ultimate favourite fashion time of the year. I made a little change with this post because while showing my favourite looks for fashion week I wasn't sure about the layout and I wanted to create a group of images together instead of writing a post that is so long and I really do not want my blog to be boring, So let me know what you think of these collages!

PRINCESS GLAMOUR
Such a popular style at the moment is to pair a jumper with a tulle skirt for a really relaxed yet pretty and preppy look, or to totally dress up glamorous and wear a see through, embellished dress. The princess style and dress code is so popular right now. I love it so much, tulle can be so pretty and feminine, perfect for any evening out or any occasion. I would personally style it with heels, maybe even a cute bomber jacket depending on the dress or skirt and a statement clutch bag. I definitely have more of a girly look so this trend is perfect for Christmas Parties. 


OFF THE SHOULDER & CUT OUTS
Nobody creates this style quite like Balmain, but many designers were using it for this fashion month. I think that these looks are so sexy yet still elegant and glamourous. Off the shoulder can still be covered up but showing a little skin can make any outfit become instantly for parties, evenings out or special occasions. I honestly think that cut outs can be worn in Winter and Summer, whether it is a maxi, colourful dress for a party or the same dress for a beach, this trend is a perfect staple to have all year round. My favourite tip is to buy red as it can be a perfect Christmas colour or a holiday getaway outfit, paired with a red lip and sparkly heels.

EMBROIDERY GALORE
So patchwork jackets have been popular so much since summer but I feel like this trend is only going to get bigger. Embroidered flowers can be used to style pretty and elegant outfits or can add a more grungy effect to something like a denim jacket. I love this style as it makes an outfit have a personal and signature look. It isn't even just jackets that have this trend at the moment; cardigans, tops, dresses, boots and jeans are all the latest in the shops. I have had the pink bomber jacket on my Asos list for ages and I think that now it is on sale I might just have to purchase it!


FOR THE LOVE OF LACE
Lace is always so glamorous, I have already mentioned that in MFW Dolce and Gabbana design it like no one else. Although, for a more affordable price, Self Portrait have amazing outfits that are so beautiful. I think that what is so perfect about it is it can be designed see through or have a lining so you can really wear it any way that you would like and with lace being so beautiful and elegant on anyone, no can say no. Next year I am going travelling and this trend will definitely be on my list for Italy, I feel like all of these outfits have such an Italian look and elegance about them.
SHIMMER IN SATIN
I think that this must be one of the biggest trends of the moment, satin lingerie camis or slit dresses are seen on every supermodel. Not to mention the pyjama style that is selling out everywhere. This look is so perfect to rock a super sexy outfit, it just makes me think of shimmer, a gold Tom Ford tan, and a strong makeup face. This has to be my favourite trend of the moment and for Spring/ Summer 2017.

SPORTY, RELAXED, OVERSIZED
So this look I feel totally started off with Yeezy, and the Kardashians rocking it, especially Kim herself. I usually have a more pretty, girly style but I actually love this look and it is totally filling up my Asos list at the moment. The brand Bones, sold on Asos, is a new one that I have found and it creates this comfortable, laid back style perfectly. Though my absolute favourite designer to pull this off from fashion month is Monse, the oversized shirt is so perfect for any day or night outfit. 


VICTORIANA
Burberry had the most beautiful and creative designs at LFW and this whole Queen Victoria style is more than glamorous, it is pretty, feminine, elegant and definitely has an English country house style. I think that this look has stemmed into the fashion world from the sunken ship that was found and a lady's dress that was recovered, I love how a story can affect so many different aspects of the world including the fashion industry. This means pussybow blouses, english patterns and elegant dresses are in for Winter.


I really hope you liked this post and that it inspired you to go shopping as it definitely did with me. Starting from next week I will post every Monday in between 6-7pm, so please keep reading!
Thankyou
x