Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Goals for 2017

So first, I know that I am a little late to the party as it is well into January now, however I did not really want to count these as resolutions but as a fresh and brighter year. They are more goals and ambitions of what I want to achieve by the end of this year and how I want to feel with how well 2017 will go. I am determined. I also have taken a lot of time to think about them and what I really want instead of the typical resolutions that everybody has and nobody sticks to. This year is about improvement, ambition and work. 

Without further rambling, my goals for this year...

BLOGGING



At college we were introduced to blogging to use it as a showcase for our work and I never used it to my full potential and realised what I could achieve with it, however I really started to love reading other blogs and I especially loved watching bloggers on Youtube, they have now become part of my daily life. I love keeping up with their subscriptions and feel instantly inspired by their fashion and beauty videos. Therefore, I scrapped my college blog and started a new one. This blog is about to be re-branded and styled as I can be quite a perfectionist and I didn't want to post onto a blog that I was not personally happy with. So my aim now is to make my blog into something that I am proud of and that makes me think, this is all mine and I have really carefully thought of every aspect of it. So from now on I will be posting consistently as well as adding new aspects to my blog, I have so many fun ideas for the upcoming year so keep checking weekly to find out more!



YOUTUBE




Carrying on from Blogging, I also want to start my own Youtube account this year. I feel like it is the right path for me to step down and something that would really suit me. I am currently in the process of setting up the right equipment and background and just making sure that I have everything together ready. As I said before, I am a perfectionist and I know over time my video quality and editing will improve but I still don't want to start out with a poor standard. I really want to have created a lot of fresh and unique ideas, I especially want my art work to be a huge part of the content for my blog and Youtube. I really want to showcase my University work and my own individual projects and photoshoots. So keep an eye out for my Youtube channel soon! 



      


                                              
 PHOTOGRAPHY





This really does not just have to be related to blogging, however part of my improvement does help my blog. Though, the other part of my improvement relates to studying fashion design.While designing a collection I always love to plan a photoshoot or video, sometimes even before designing. Photography is an art that I am really interested in and that inspires my designs and collections, I think that it is a huge part of the industry and what I want to eventually achieve.

ART

Last year I felt like I lost my way with my art work, I used to love to paint so it is something that I really want to be focusing on throughout my gap year. 
I know that my work has improved so much just by practising art that inspires me, it doesn't always have to be related to fashion, as it can actually inspire a design or photoshoot more if it isn't. 
So I really want to and know that I will carry this on throughout the next year, including attending art evening workshops which I really want to start.





        'GET THE GLOW' BY MADELEINE SHAW




For Christmas I got the Madeleine Shaw 'Get the Glow' cookbook, I would also say that it is so much more than a book full of recipes, she explains food and different ways that certain ingredients can be good or bad for you, it genuinely helps you understand a more easy way of eating and your general lifestyle. I would say that for a huge part of last year I tried to eat more healthy, not as a diet but just because I wanted to and I enjoyed it. Although, I did not do it to the extent that I wanted to so it is my plan to get into this more and more each week. In the cookbook it actually advises to complete stages week by week and that is really what I am aiming for. I will be creating more blog posts on this so keep posted!

DETERMINATION

My main aim this year is to complete all of these for myself and I know that I have already started these goals so the year is off to an amazing start. It is all about determination and how to change this year to improve myself and to get where I want to be. I already know 2017 will be an amazing year.





So that is all of my main goals for this year and I am so excited to see what 2017 has in store! I hope that every one of you has an amazing year and that you have set your own personal goals, please let me know what they are in the comments below, I would love to hear them! 

Thank you so much for reading!
Annie
x

Photography by Andrew Bellamy